What you write about will be based on what your experiences have been. You may have more than one story to tell. Below are examples of how a forced genital cutting may be part of your life’s history, and a story worth telling. Please, put your stories down in words.
- You remember-or have nightmares about-being forced to endure a genitally cutting.
- You don’t remember being cut, but feel your quality of life is reduced as a result of it.
- You have suffered the consequences of a genital cutting.
- You regret having had your son circumcised, daughter genitally cut, or intersex child surgically altered.
- You participated in a genital cutting, voluntarily or involuntarily.
- You tried to stop a genital cutting.
- You witnessed someone else’s cutting.
- You are in a relationship with someone who has been genitally cut.
We offer some writing hints here.